Friday, March 30, 2012

Rancho Ojai- Tecate

Hello all!
  So this week we have a group from San Diego State University staying in Tecate at El Rancho Ojai! It is beautiful here. Group B was in Tecate last week, Alex stayed here with them, I am here this week with group A (when each group isn't here they are staying in Mexicali with a different organization) here is some of what we have been doing this week (since Wednesday)!

This is me sitting out front of the Kumiai museum. The Kumiai are a native people that lived in the Tecate region and in Arizona. 
This is a Kumiai woman telling us about their creation story and her people. She is one of only five people left that speak the Kumiai language. 

My computer is being slow I will have to tell you about the rest of my week a little later!

No comments:

Post a Comment