Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Mexico Day 3

Today I worked in a community called Cumbres with Roberto one of the technicians. The two of us with the help of Maria, the woman who owns the house we built a small wall and poured the cement for the wall. We didn't use a mixer, we simply mixed the ingredients together on the ground with shovels. Which sounds easy, but it was a lot of work! I am finding muscles I didn't remember I had. Below you can see Roberto building a wall and Maria helping below. We carried the sand for the cement and all the materials up that hill! At the bottom of the hill you can see the family's current bathroom, the room we were adding to will be their bathroom when it is finished. Also notice the tire/dirt steps, they are very resourceful!

It is always amazing to me to see the physical things I can do. I can lift, mix, and shovel more than I thought was possible. I also find that when it has to be my balance is pretty good!


 The view from Maria's back yard. You can see how dense the houses are and some are nicer, some are simply ply wood.
 There are many olive groves in the Tijuana area, in the distance if it wasn't so cloudy you could see the ocean.
There were horses grazing in the back yard.

And Roberto and I had delicious pizza for lunch! Bet you can't guess which half was mine...

No comments:

Post a Comment